If you want to help secure full funding for public schools, there is something you can do.
From Monday 4th September we are running a Sign up Supporter Week to spread the word about our campaign and build our numbers.
The more supporters we have, the more chance we have of achieving our goal of ensuring every public school is fully funded for every child.
If we can all recruit one person, it will double our numbers in a week.
Here are four easy ways to get involved:
- Let your friends know it’s time for them to sign up by using this referral tool.
- Help spread the word about the campaign on social media. Post a picture of yourself with a sign and let people know why they should support full funding of public schools.
- If you have already signed up, get more involved and become a For Every Child volunteer.
- Share your story and tell us why you think full funding of public schools is the best investment we can make for our future.
Why we need full funding of public schools
The future funding of every public school is being decided by politicians in the next 12 months.
Right now, only 1.3% of public schools are funded to the Schooling Resource Standard (SRS), which is the minimum funding that they need.
Our teachers and principals are doing an amazing job every day but with the right resources they can do so much more.
Funding all schools to the SRS will help ensure every child has access to a high-quality education no matter their circumstances.
- Smaller class sizes and more individual attention.
- Specialist support to help children with learning difficulties and complex needs.
- More time for teachers to collaborate on the best ways to meet the needs of every child.